Rice Cooker Meal
Sausage rice is a Chinese classic. There are many different kinds of sausages in different regions of China but the dish of sausage rice on their menus unifies all. The intense flavor makes a bowl of otherwise plain rice very tasty. The following are the most popular cantonese style sausages, with and without soy sauce.
– 2 cups of rice, washed briefly
– 2 sausages (Johnsonville Original Bratwurst) sliced
– 2 green onions, chopped
– add all ingredients to the inner pot of Rice Cooker
– add water (check markings on the pot, reduce water by half a cup of normal requirement, harder rice tastes better with meat)
– add 2 tbs cooking oil
– add 2 tbs cooking wine
– add 2 tbs soy sauce
– add 1 tsp fine salt
– mix gently and make sure sausages spread out
– cover and set Rice Cooker at “Mixed” and just wait for the cycle to complete in 45 minutes!